Ladies, how many times have you heard…
Smile it may never happen…
According to Debrett’s A-Z of Modern Manners :
- All too often smiling provokes cynicism, because it is used to mask negativity.
- The vulpine smile of the salesman as they hover on the edge of a deal.
- The insincere grimace of the flight attendant as they dole out another
- The meaningless teeth-baring of the customer service representative who has no intention of serving any customer.
- Within the context of manners, smiling is often the armour of genial politeness we put on to see us through all sorts of social situations.
- As such, we could be accused of insincerity, but surely smiling is better, kinder,more attractive than the panoply of frowns and boredom.
- Remember that smiles are infectious-and spreading a little infectious happiness can only be a good thing.
- So Ladies, in the New Year after the Christmas celebrations seem like a hazy blur and your credit card has taken a hammering…
- Just smile gracefully.
- After all it may already have happened…